Infertility in Males and Females: Causes and Prevalence
2023-02-06 - Admin | Blog
Infertility in Males and Females: Causes and Prevalence
Infertility is a serious issue affecting both males and females. It is the actual inability to conceive after a year of regular sexual intercourse without the use of birth control.
We will round up the causes of infertility in men and women and provide a detailed walk-through on the clarification of whether it is common and the effects of lifestyle on Fertility in Men & Women.
Click here to take the first step towards parenthood: https://www.mgmhospitalpatna.com/
Causes of Infertility in Males & Females
- Genetic disorders: Klinefelter syndrome, sperm DNA damage and others can lead to infertility in males, and its common
- Hormonal imbalances: Hormonal imbalances such as low testosterone levels can cause infertility in men.
- Lifestyle factors: Smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use can all have negative impacts on sperm count and motility and are severely major factors for infertility. Effects of Lifestyle of fertility in males are more than these as this is just a perspective
- Environmental toxins: Exposure to environmental toxins such as pesticides, lead, and other chemicals can affect sperm production and functionality.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions such as testicular cancer, undescended testicles, and varicocele can also cause infertility in males.
Multiple causes of Infertility in Females have become prevalent with the passage of time, and we will highlight a few of them.
- Ovarian dysfunction: Ovarian dysfunction, such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) can cause infertility amongst women and is a major cause.
- Uterine or cervical abnormalities: Abnormalities in the uterus or cervical area can affect a woman's ability to conceive majorly
- Hormonal imbalances: Hormonal imbalances, such as thyroid disorders or arthritis cause infertility in women.
- Lifestyle factors: Smoking, alcohol consumption and drug abuse are effects of lifestyle on fertility in Females
- Age: Female fertility declines with age, and women over the age of 35 may have difficulty conceiving.
Is Infertility Common?
Prevalence of Infertility in Males and Females
- In males, infertility affects approximately 15% of couples trying to conceive.
- In females, infertility affects approximately 10-15% of couples trying to conceive.
- Infertility can affect both partners in a relationship, with 30-40% of infertility cases being attributed to both partners and another 20-30% of cases being caused by unknown factors.
Impact of Lifestyle on Fertility in Males and Females
Lifestyle Factors Affecting Male Fertility
- Smoking: Smoking decreases sperm count and inversely, increases the risks of sperm DNA damage
- Alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption can reduce testosterone levels and negatively impact sperm quality.
- Drug use: Certain drugs, such as marijuana, cocaine, and anabolic steroids diabolically reduce sperm count and motility and increase the risk of infertility in men.
- Poor diet: A diet lacking essential vitamins and minerals can negatively impact sperm production and function.
- Stress: Chronic stress negatively impact testosterone levels and sperm quality.
Lifestyle Factors Affecting Female Fertility
- Smoking: Smoking can reduce a woman's ability to conceive and increase the risk of infertility.
- Alcohol consumption: As aforementioned, alcohol consumption can affect a woman's menstrual cycle and increase the risk of infertility.
- Narcotics abuse: Certain drugs, such as marijuana, cocaine, and anabolic steroids have massive negative impact
- Poor diet: A diet lacking in essential vitamins and minerals can negatively impact ovulation and fertility.
- Stress: Chronic stress has immense affect a woman's menstrual cycle and negatively impact fertility.
Positive Lifestyle Changes for Male and Female Fertility:
- Quit smoking: Quitting smoking can immensely improve sperm count and motility and increase the chances of conception.
- Limit alcohol consumption: Limiting alcohol consumption to moderate levels can improve sperm quality and increase the chances of conception.
- Healthy diet: A diet rich in essential vitamins and minerals, such as folic acid, iron, and calcium, can support reproductive health and improve fertility.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can help maintain a healthy weight, improve hormonal balance, and reduce stress levels.
- Manage stress: Managing stress through relaxation techniques, such as yoga and meditation, can improve fertility by reducing cortisol levels and increasing the chances of conception.
Infertility is a common issue that affects both males and females, with a variety of causes including genetic disorders, hormonal imbalances, and lifestyle factors.
- The effects of lifestyle on fertility are virtually significant with negative factors such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use extensively reducing fertility in both males and females.
- However, positive lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking, limiting alcohol consumption, and practicing stress management techniques, can help improve fertility and increase the chances of conception.
- If you are struggling with infertility, it is important to seek the advice of a healthcare professional, who can help diagnose and treat any underlying causes.
M.G.M. Hospital & Research Center, the top maternity hospital in Patna, established by Dr. Manju Gita Mishra (Chairman), Dr. P.P Mishra (Director), and Seema Mishra (Managing Director) in the heart of Patna, is a 100-bed multi-specialty hospital that provides extensive services to patients. From planning for pregnancy to delivery preparation, the hospital has everything covered to ensure the best possible care for both mother and child.
Our extensive range of services includes pre-pregnancy planning, prenatal care, and post-delivery care. Our pioneers in Patna also provide expert care for new-borns, ensuring they receive the best and healthiest start in life. With state-of-the-art facilities and a highly trained staff, patients can rest assured that they are in good hands.
Our commitment to providing affordable healthcare sets us apart from others in the industry. With a tariff structure designed to be accessible to all, patients can receive the best treatment modalities without breaking the bank.
M.G.M. Hospital & Research Center is a best maternity hospital in Patna that offers a range of services to ensure the best possible care for patients. With a highly trained staff and affordable pricing, it is the absolute best choice for anyone in need of medical assistance in the Patna area. Book an appointment today and experience the difference for yourself!
Are you worried about the effects of lifestyle on fertility? Don't wait any longer! Take control of your fertility journey and book an appointment now to receive the best care from the experts at M.G.M. Hospital & Research Center. With a team of experienced doctors, we are committed to helping you achieve your goal of starting a healthy family.
Email ID: email@example.com
Contact No: 8102226550 Ambulance Contact No